80ml Hazelnut-Liqueur (I used Frangelico)
1 sheet white Gelatin
100g white Couverture
700g Greek Yoghurt
40g Icing Sugar
8 Passion Fruits
Strawberries for Decoration
1. Wash the lime with hot water, dry it and grate the zest of the lime. Pres out the juice (around 6 EL). Mix 3EL of the juice with the Hazelnut Liqueur. Soak Gelatin in cold water for around 10min.
2. Chop the Couverture and melt it in a bowl over hot water. Stir Couverture together with Yoghurt, Icing Sugar and the Lime Zest until smooth.
3. Heat the remaining Lime Juice in a pan. Squeeze the water out of the gelatin and melt it in the lime juice. Stir briskly the Gelatin together with the Lime-Yoghurt-mixture until smooth. Gelatinise the mix for around 30min.
4. Halve or third the ladyfingers depending of size of your serving glasses and dip them into the mix of Lime juice and Hazelnut-Liqueur. Spread it now in layers with the Lime-Yoghurt-Mix into 8 not too small glasses (finishing with the lime-yoghurt. Store the covered glasses overnight in the fridge.
5. Half the passion fruits the following day and take out the pulp with a spoon. Heat it in a pan and strain it through a sieve while collecting the juice. Stir in the sugar. Take glasses out of the fridge around 20min before serving. Give passionfruit juice on top of the lime-yoghurt and decorate it with strawberries.
Madeleines – YUMMY
Serves 12 Madeleines
2 Eggs Size M
110g Icing Sugar
2 drops Vanilla Aroma
Seed of a Vanilla Bean
1 TL grated organic orange zest (we have a convenience product for this in Germany....)
1TL Baking Powder
Melt the Butter in a pan and let it cool down. Beat eggs, 100g icing sugar, Vanilla Aroma, Vanilla Bean Seed and orange zest together with the melted butter until fluffy.
Mix flour and backing powder, sift it and stir it carefully under the beated mix. Leave to chill for around 15min. Fill the dough in the slots for the Madeleines.
Put the baking pan on the rack on middle position of the oven and bake it for 12-15min with 200°C top-/bottom-heat. Remove carefully from baking pan, let them cool down and dust with icing sugar.
Butter and flour for the special baking pan
½ Vanilla Bean
50g butter – room temperature
50g icing sugar – sieved
4 Spoons Amaretto
1 Egg size M
20g Cream – room temperature
60g Flour – sieved
70g fresh strawberries
Flour for dusting
Butter the cake pan and dust it with a bit flour. Preheat the oven to 210°C upper and lower heat.
Cut the Vanillabean and scrape out the pulp. Melt the butter in a pot and add icing sugar, pup and 2 spoons Amaretto while stirring constantly. Fold egg into mixture and keep on stirring until all is free of lumps. Whisk the cream until stiff and fold into. Add flour and stir until smooth.
Wash the strawberries and cut into small pieces. Mix them together with 2 spoons of Amaretto in an extra little bowl. Dust a bit of flour over the strawberries and fold under the mixture.
Fill the dough into the cake pan, put it on a rack and move it in the lower third of the preheated oven. Bake for around 14 Minutes. Cool in the pan and then remove the Gugl carefully out of it.
If you don´t have such a special baking pan you could order it here - the book of Chalwa Heigl comes with it but it is only in German: